Friday, January 28, 2011

The Sun! It's so simple...

I can't say that I've ever noticed how the short days of the winter months affect my mood as much as this year.  At least three days a week I take the train(s) to work, which means that I leave the house at 6:30 am and get home close to 6:00 pm.  In the winter, this means I leave when it's dark and I get home when it's dark.  The shortest days of the year this winter seemed to last forever, and this week was especially dragging, what with the four or five days of consistent gray overcast that blocked out the sun and the fact that I spend most of my days at work in windowless rooms.  I will admit, I hadn't felt like I really got over that virus I had after the new year fully until I walked out of the house this morning and saw that the sky was not it's usual, Chicago street light orange color, but the light blue of the first light of dawn.  Very poetic, sorry for the nausea I just caused you...  Anyway, I feel like a million bucks and I can't help but thinking that it's that morning sun.  It could be that it's Friday and we have Buick practice tomorrow, and the kids have been pretty well behaved this week, etc. as well, but that sun this morning really energized me.  Enough to post about it anyway!

2 comments:

DM said...

This post would have been beautiful if you hadn´t bothered inserting apologies for writing well.

Colyn said...

I think that was the agitated, stuck inside or under grey clouds too long side of me still fighting to be heard during my manic, sun worshiping state.