Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Weekend

Had my first real weekend since I was in high school. That is to say, I worked five days in a row and then had two days off (both Saturday and Sunday). It was nice having a little time to wind down and not have to worry about the next day. My weekend did feel pretty busy though, had Haymaker practice Saturday morning after working at Lush Friday night, then had friends over Saturday evening for a fire and dinner - made some, if I may toot my own horn, delicious fish tacos with mango salsa and fruit, and Sunday I slept in and went to the Chicago Fire game with the frisbee people (yes, that's what I call you guys when my parents ask for the names of all the people I'm hanging out with and I don't want to list the whole group). Kevin came along which was nice, I feel like I never see the Rhombergs anymore, what's up with that? It was great having people over here the past couple of weekends, not that hanging out with the "roomates" isn't fun, but I feel better when I do some organizing of my own, it makes me feel like I have a social life...

Mom hitched a ride to Niagara Falls this weekend and went to see Rusted Root with the Savvy Joes, man I wish I could have gone!! I sent some cd's of Ruthie Foster to Joanie via mom, I've been meaning to get them to her for a while. I can't wait to get out there and catch up with everyone, I always feel extra good after a visit with the Sauvageaus.

2 comments:

David said...

Hmm, Frisbee People... sounds sorta cultish.

Caleb said...

At least frisbee people isn't capitalized so it isn't a title just a descriptor.